Help wanted.

Aus loco discussion mailing list

Evening all,
As I was leaving work after a hard 7.5 hours today at 16.30 I noticed
48156/48??? on a trip train in Botany yard. Also present were 2 NRs back to
back on 2SB3 or a trip train.
Any assistance on missing loco numbers would be greatly appreciated.
Unusual to have this number of trains present here at this time of day.
Also seen shunting CTAL was 8040.
Seen same location at 07.45 were NR31/NR113/NR15 (from Rob Blayney's earlier
posting) , 8103 as yard shunter whilst 8141/8169 arrived to work 2SM3 (I
think).
Seems like things were running late or early. Wouldn't mind if it was like
this every morning. Would make going to work worth while!
Whilst on about Botany, seen at midday were 8046/4899 on a trip train with
one wagon! And, both locos were crewed. Is this a case of overkill?
Enough for now.
regards
Ivar