Re: New Railtour operator for W.A?

Aus loco discussion mailing list

> A new operator could soon be ruuning up-market passenger trains in W.A
> in a bold initiave Australian Railway
> Historical Society in W.A are thought to have ???????

This does not belong here! please ensure rumours, fantasy etc get posted to
Aus rail or Aus rail talk. Leave Aus loco for discussion on pure facts not
fiction.

Regarding the ARHS XA locos because of their extended muffler system they
are banned from operating in the Perth metro area by reason of clearance
problems. Not only the overhead but tunnels at Subiaco ( where the station
is now underground) and Claisebrook ( in conjunction with work for the
Northbridge tunnel) were built for the bare minimum of space. The XAs far
exceed the loading gauge. Whilst it would be mind blowing to see these
fantastic locos running again - it'll never happen!

Regards

Noel M Forster
Treasurer
ARHS WA Division