From: Darrell Gainey [mailto:darrellgainey@hotmail.com]
Sent: Wednesday, 16 February 2000 15:07
To: Ausloco@listbot.com
Subject: Re: Parkes To-Day

Aus loco discussion mailing list

Hello,

Train Number 8952 had a loco combination of 81/48/48 today. Exact numbers
are unknown. Maybe another sighting will be reported. It has the set of
orange ore containers.

This train is the FreightCorp ore job that occassionally travels via the
South.

It departed Cootamundra West at 6-03pm and passed Yass at 8-20pm.

It is possible that this is the train involved in the 'Parkes' accident.

However another train was to follow. This being train number 3476. Motive
power was unknown. Perhaps this one could have been the culprit instead.

Bye.

>From: "david oliver" <daoliver@bigpond.com>
>
>Evening All
>
>The collision was reported on WIN news tonight in Central Western NSW. A
>woman and her young daughter are in a serious condition. I think the
>accident occurred on the Parkes - Narromine line. A picture showing 2 x
>48's
>and an 81 was shown. I think they were travelling either to or from the
>Goonumbla siding, light engine.
>
>Regards
>
>Dave

EOM

NOTICE - This message contains information intended only for the use of the addressee named above.  It may also be confidential and/or privileged.  If you are not the intended recipient of this message you are hereby notified that you must not disseminate, copy or take any action in reliance on it.  If you have received this message in error please notify postmaster@bhp.com.au.