From: Paul Hogan <pghogan@bigpond.com>
Sent: Thursday, February 10, 2000 12:06 AM
Subject: Re: X = Port Augusta

> Aus loco discussion mailing list
>
> Ivar,
>
> Yes that's correct, the train is actually 7MX6, it runs into Port Augusta
on Sunday morning with extra loading from Melbourne/ Adelaide which goes
onto a later Perth bound service.

> Last couple of times I was there, it often had AN's in the consist, and
usually a string of the NRC triple deck car carriers on the front (or the
ones that were left after the Nullabor prang that wrote several of them
off).

> There is also a path in the working timetable for a 1XS7 (Port Augusta-
Sydney) , shown leaving Lithgow 0854 on Mondays to Sydney . Discussion
amongst my learned colleagues seems to indicate that it doesn't run - or is
it an extra TraileRail service? Confirmation appreciated.