Re: X = Port Augusta

Aus loco discussion mailing list

Ivar,

Yes that's correct, the train is actually 7MX6, it runs into Port Augusta on Sunday morning with extra loading from Melbourne/ Adelaide which goes onto a later Perth bound service.

Last couple of times I was there, it often had AN's in the consist, and usually a string of the NRC triple deck car carriers on the front (or the ones that were left after the Nullabor prang that wrote several of them off).

There is also a path in the working timetable for a 1XS7 (Port Augusta- Sydney) , shown leaving Lithgow 0854 on Mondays to Sydney . Discussion amongst my learned colleagues seems to indicate that it doesn't run - or is it an extra TraileRail service? Confirmation appreciated.

Anyway,  Port Kembla can't be X - don't they just use "W" for Wollongong?

Regards,

Paul