Stuffed & mounted

Aus loco discussion mailing list

Evening all,
With the current talk re the fate of saving 4203, it appears ironic that
there are plans to "preserve" i.e. "stuff & mount" a 48 class in a prominent
position in Junee.
I have been told that 4830 is the chosen one as its body (unlike my own) is
complete & in reasonably good condition although its innards will have been
removed.
Also, work apparently is progressing well on converting 4868 & 4871 into
PL's 3 & 4 (not sure which will be which) and the modifications to PL's 1 &
2 is also reported to be progressing well.
Finally, despite suffering a fire recently, 48110 has been given a reprieve
and is to be repaired & returned to service at Lithgow workshops.
Keep them Alcos chugging along!
Regards
Ivar (registered Alcophyle)