[VIC] X51 (was: Morwell paper train & Bandiana goods 05Feb2000.)

Aus loco discussion mailing list

Alco603@aol.com wrote:

> To Bandiana goods ex Broadmedows 10:42 as X51 (FV livery) A71 + 33 trucks.

RNV December 1999 p32 reported that X51 had recieved a lowered nose as well as a
toilet at Ballarat workshops. Me and my dad saw the loco (and photographed it)
near Beveridge last week while chasing photographing the NSWRTM charter. I am
assuming that the train is the up Tocumwal. It passed us shortly before 1600 on
Monday 31/1/2000. It clearly doesn't have a lowered nose but I was too busy
taking a photo to see if it has a toilet on the end. From the two photos I can't
see any sign of the modifications described by RNV about the toilet. Does anyone
have futher info?

Here are the photos my dad took if anyone is interested:

http://www.railpage.org.au/vr/pics/nswrtm_r700/x51_a73_beveridge.jpg

http://www.railpage.org.au/vr/pics/nswrtm_r700/x51_a73_beveridge_2.jpg

Note: These images are copyright and are not to be used for anything other than
personal non-profit use without my permission.

--
- James Brook -

e-mail:
mailto:ajmbrook@ozemail.com.au