Ghan, ghan, gone

Aus loco discussion mailing list

A rainy "Hello" to all!

Today's Ghan (3LA8) has departed town at 1pm with a very clean NR104
hauling 14 carriages, two motorail wagons and an empty flat wagon.

Further to my last post, there is no friday morning goods departure to
Adelaide.  Friday evening's arrival, 5AL7N, was cancelled, and I was
told that Saturday evening's 6AL7N was to be "a big one".  Unfortunately
I was off climbing big red rocks in 40 degree heat with a busload of of
lovely overseas visitors and didn't see it.  The same unit(s) must have
run Sunday morning's departure (1LA6N), as NR23 from Thursday evening's
arrival was still here on Sunday evening (and is still here today).

And remember: eagles may soar, but weasels don't get sucked into jet
engines!

Regards,

Peter Donaghy
Relieving Manager, Alice Springs