Federation XP2001

Aus loco discussion mailing list

Evening all,
XP2001 was taken into RSA Chullora facilities today (mon 7/2) to be
repainted into "Centenary of Federation" paintwork. As far as I can
ascertain, it will be in a "Tan" based colour scheme.
Should look a little different attached to a normal (?) Countrylink painted
set. Perhaps they may operate the unit with XP2000 on the other end. Now,
that would be a sight!
I don't know whether XP2001 is being re-engined at the same time.
Keep your eyes peeled when passing Chullora.
Regards
Ivar