Re: EP workings

Aus loco discussion mailing list

Dear Ben,

Sorry about the delay in writing but I needed to see the Feb. Digest to see
what was actually written.  It was my report in the magazine and I stand by
my comments over the Kapinnie Line.  When I visited, the level crossings
were filled in with dirt and it appeared that a train had not visited for
some time.  The rails were rusty but there was no overgrowth of vegetation
to be seen anywhere along the line (although it is certainly not an area for
quick regeneration).

Mark Carter was advised that the line did have a wheat train on it about a
month before my visit and on reflection the line would certainly be able to
support this.  It does seem strange that the line is still in existence and
I only hope that someday I will be able to ride it, as it is the only line
on the EP that I haven't travelled on.

In relation to the painting of the rollingstock, non have been repainted in
ASR colours other than DA7.  Most markings, however, have been changed to
reflect the ASR logo.

Hoping this helps,

Regards,

Mark.