Re: S313 (was Santa Fe fever hits Melbourne)

Aus loco discussion mailing list

Paul Hogan wrote:

> Anyone likely to be posting any photos of S313 in the new colours?

I have updated the news section of my site with info about the S class
trip and
also the new Steamrail livery on S313. There are three pics associated
with the
articles. Here are some direct links to the video captures:

The photostop at Toolamba:

http://www.railpage.org.au/vr/pics/vidcaps/s313_echuca/toolamba.jpg

The photostop at Elmore:

http://www.railpage.org.au/vr/pics/vidcaps/s313_echuca/elmore.jpg

S313 after arriving back at Spencer Street:

http://www.railpage.org.au/vr/pics/vidcaps/s313_echuca/spencer_street.jpg

Note: These images are copyright and are not to be used for anything
other than personal non-profit use without my permission.

As for the livery of the loco, personally I don't like it because it is
not a livery that S313 has been painted in while it was in service with
a commercial operator. The only liveries I would like to see on S313 are
the VR and V/Line liveries. I do understand why Dieselrail didn't want
to paint it in the VR livery because it will be destroyed in just a few
years when the loco is completely rebuilt. From an historical point of
view the V/Line livery would have been more appropriate. It is also
simpler than the livery they have used, therefore fitting their
requirement for a livery that was simple and easy to paint.

--
- James Brook -

e-mail:
mailto:ajmbrook@ozemail.com.au