Re: Santa Fe fever hits Melbourne

Aus loco discussion mailing list

---- Original Message -----
To: Ausloco
Sent: Saturday, 5 February 2000 2:25 PM
Subject: Santa Fe fever hits Melbourne

Aus loco discussion mailing list

This morning saw S313 depart Spencer Street 15 minutes late with the Steamrail Ehcuca trip. The hot subject was S313's livery.  Well, if you were in the USA you would be right in saying there is a E unit in Santa Fe livery, etc.

Hi all,

Photographed the Echuca special passing Heathcote Junction at 9:08am this morning, my immediate impression of S313's colour scheme - for a minute I thought I'd entered a time warp and been transported back to Summit on Cajon Pass in the early 1960's. Here was a Santa Fe 'F' unit in their classic blue and yellow freight unit colours! (almost) Still prefer the classic VR livery on an 'S' class though, Steamrail's treatment just doesn't look right.

Peter J. Sweetten
Craigieburn, Victoria
E-mail: aeropics@tig.com.au
ICQ # 9637565
View my Rail Images Australia website at:
 http://homepages.ihug.com.au/~aeropics/rail.htm