Re: Stabled in Narromine

Aus loco discussion mailing list

Wayne Coleman wrote:

        I stuck my head under the leading bogie of NR 52 and noticed a
device
    fitted that had a guide up against the leading wheel. Is this to do with
    tyre wear or some other thing?

    Another possibility is that it is the head of the doppler radar device
which I understand measures wheel rotations and then computes speed and
distance travelled.

    If it was the sand/millepede blower it should be on the leading wheel of
the other front bogie as well.

    Roger Renton