From Patrick RE: AusLoco

Aus loco discussion mailing list

Firstly, I'd like to thank all of those AusLoco'ites who very kindly Posted
or Emailed direct to me their kind words of appreciation.
AusLoco's popularity and quick growth from  a simple Mailing List on LISTBOT
would probably put a lot of the US groups to shame !!
And I'm more then happy to know I've assisted with its creation.
But, its really those 'hardcore' Subscribers that provide a 'personality'
that has become
AusLoco !!
A lot of these guys are 'on the job' and their involvement on AusLoco and
their willingness to share what they know has not only been appreciated, but
refreshing !!
When you start losing these guys, because of the innapropriate Postings then
the value of the 'List becomes questionable. Especially, when you can read
these at your leasure later, in Digest. (Sorry Scott, shameless plug !!)
But what I've found most rewarding from AusLoco has been the 'common
interest' mateship amongst a pretty varied bunch of guys. And its been damn
good to only see the term 'Gunzel' used, on only a very few occasions !!
Anyway, its good to be able to let everyone know that AusLoco will continue
as a Mailing List, with similar guidelines. And a new
Administrator/Moderator.
I'm considering establishing an UNAdministered/UNModerated Mailing List for
those guys who would like a Mailing List 'Forum' to express their personal
views, push their barrows, get stuck into each other, whatever.
Anyway, more later !!
Regards
Patrick J. Buchanan
mainline@cyber.net.au
The MAINLINERS Gallery WebSite
<http://www.sydney.cyber.net.au/~mainline/index.html>
The Ausloco Mailing List Information Page
<http://www.sydney.cyber.net.au/~mainline/ausloco.html>