Re: Green X on Geelong Grain Loop Shunt

At 02:54 PM 21-10-1999 +1000, you wrote:
>I think X49 was only painted green and only returned back from Ballarat
>yesterday (can Gheringhap loop confirm if it was only green) if so, we can
>be guarenteed it was X47. Also X49 long hood has been lenghtened flush with
>the end, so we still have a guide to which X it is.
>
>Michael
>
>Just heard from Steve Dalton who's just driving through Geelong....
>
>A G and a green X (now that there's two, we no longer can be sure
>which it is, 47 or 49) were just spotted on the grain loop dragging a
>line of wagons back to NGY.
>
>They will probably work back into the grain facility this afternoon
>(hopefully time enough for a local person down there to get some
>shots).
>

>Regards
>
>Yuri

  It is X47. I got my first sight of it this afternoon. It is now (2.30pm)
coupled to a G at loco pointing toward Melbourne. 9137 was X53+X54  so the
G+X47 will probably run the 4.20pm up or the 6pm up this afternoon. (I hope
that is still the running from Geelong to Melbourne these days on the BG).

  Cheers,

  Roger Gillard
Roger Gillard                                   rgg@deakin.edu.au
School of Biological and Chemical Sciences,      ph +61 3 52 271298
Deakin University.                              fax +61 3 52 271040
Geelong  VIC 3217
AUSTRALIA