Re: Melbourne Public transport for Special events

Johann Fan <jyf@optusnet.com.au> wrote in message
7sptnt$dqf$1@news1.mpx.com.au">news:7sptnt$dqf$1@news1.mpx.com.au...
> Gareth Lumsden <s9763278@minyos.its.rmit.edu.au> wrote in message
> Pine.SOL.3.96.990928024703.18255F-100000@minyos.its.rmit.edu.au">news:Pine.SOL.3.96.990928024703.18255F-100000@minyos.its.rmit.edu.au...
> > On Mon, 27 Sep 1999, Christopher Sims wrote:
> >
> > > I think that it is time for some action re the state of public
transport
> in
> > > this town.
> > >
> > > Consider this.  we have the most special events in this city, yet on
the
> > > weekends that such events take place we don't put on any extra
> transport.  I
> > > know that we have the night-rider , however, at the end of the day
those
> > > busses don't use standard roots and you still have to probably get a
> taxi to
> > > your final destination.  I believe that we need to ensure that for the
> up
> > > coming Spring racing carnival we have transport that runs around the
> clock.
> > > By this I mean all of the trams and trains should run all night.
> > >
> > > I am interested in the opinions of others on this subject.
> > >

> > Hill & Bayside's solution is to run six car trains instead of three on
> > busy days.  (i.e. throughout the show period, all trains were 6 cars
until
> > approx 19:00 every night)
>
> on Burnley lines, it seemed like it was 6 cars until last train on
weekdays

> That is okay re for the show period.  But what about all of those people
who are visiting our wonderful city and would like to get back to where they
are staying after the transport has shut down for the night?  BTW for the
information I have spoken to Yarra trams customer feedback staff and they
tell me that there will not be a night-link service for daylight saving for
this year.  I am going to compile all of the messages that I receive and
forward them to ;Yarra.

Cheers Christopher.