The Millennium Cavalcade of Steam - UPDATE

Hi,
I realise that this may be off topic for some in the group, but there
has been a lot of interest in this event from Australia, so I hope
you'll excuse me for posting this update. We will be announcing quite a
few additions to the list of locomotives in a few weeks, as well as
information about deals with Australian travel companies offering
package deals to this event.

Full details at http://www.rail2000.com

Regards Mark Holdstock

26th, 27th & 28th August 2000
Shildon to Darlington, Co Durham, England

The Millennium Cavalcade of Steam is the biggest railway event for 25
years to take place in the British Isles. More than forty of the
country's most important steam locomotives will travel in a procession
the 8 miles from Shildon in County Durham to Darlington where they will
pay homage to Locomotion, the first steam locomotive on the Stockton to
Darlington Railway.

Latest Additions
The Isle of Wight Steam Railway have confirmed that their O2 Class 0-4-4
T engine Calbourne will be taking part. This is an engine which ahs
spent much of its working life on the Island.
Also Bellerophon, another vintage engine dating back to the 1870's has
been confirmed for the Cavalcade. This is normally resident at the
Keighley and Worth Valley Railway in West Yorkshire.

Also expect further announcements in the next few weeks, including a
massive display of raw power from some of the finest freight locomotives
ever built.

Below is the latest list of the locomotives which are expected to take
part.

Horse-drawn local train of chauldron wagons and dandy cart
Sans Pareil (replica)
Rocket (replica)
Planet (replica)
Furness Railway No. 20 (Britain's Oldest working steam locomotive)

GWR 6024 King Edward I

LSWR W24 Calbourne
LB&SCR 72 Fenchurch ('A1X')
SR Battle Of Britain Class 92 Squadron
SR Mechant Navy Class (Specific Loco TBC)

LMS 6201 Princess Elizabeth
LMS 6233 Duchess of Sutherland
L&Y Pug 51218*
L&Y 957 with Railway Children NER saloon
485 ('Super D')

LNER 246 Morayshire*
LNER A4 4468 Mallard
LMS Black Five 44767 George Stephenson*

LNER A4 60009 Union of South Africa
LNER A1 60163 Tornado (partly built)
LNER A2 60532 Blue Peter
LNER V1 60800 Green Arrow*
LNER B12 61572
LNER K1 62005*
LNER J27 65894*

BR 71000 Duke of Gloucester
BR 92203 Black Prince

Industrial Sir Cecil A. Cochrane (RSH 0-4-0ST 7409)
Industrial Bellerophon

'Deltic' (prototype)
Class 55 diesel
'Orient Express' train
'Regency Pullman' train

Tickets sales.
In the month since the launch of the event ticket sales have been brisk
and can be bought either over the telephone by calling  +44 115 912 9239
to by booking via the Internet at http://www.rail2000.com

Full detail about all of the locomotives taking part can be found on our
website which is updated on a regular basis.

http://www.rail2000.com