Re: DOO In Sydney? 4D and DOO

On Sun, 26 Sep 1999 20:06:59 +1000, Railway Rasputin
<bob@fastlink.com.au> wrote:

>Exnarc wrote:
>>
>> Railway Rasputin <bob@fastlink.com.au> wrote in message
>> 37ED4FBB.84D9D847@fastlink.com.au">news:37ED4FBB.84D9D847@fastlink.com.au...

>> > And i've still got a $1000.00 bet says they will AND I intend to get the
>> > money.
>> >
>> > rgds
>>
>> Got told some news today, can't guarantee the facts but its interesting!!!
>>
>> The 4D was offered to Cityrail, who whilst interested wouldn't touch it
>> until after the Sydney Olympics because its setup for DOO, might be a link
>> here with what Paul is saying.
>>
>> $1000.00 bucks, now what could I do with that????
>>
>> Bob.
>Blow it all on hats.
>
>The bet was that there will still be train guards on the trains but
>their roles and title might change, ie they will walk through the train
>selling tickets.
And i have to say that we went through this altered role thing in Vic
and the guards would not have a bar of it "we categorically refuse to
rove through the train we will get killed"
"parcels no if we lift parcels we will hurt our backs"
So in the end management said what is your role??
And they said we close the doors and observe out of platforms!!
and management said the driver can do that good bye!!!!
PS i never made any bets with you .
Regards Paul Johnston