Re: 3168 freight

.>> David Johnson <trainman@ozemail.com.au> wrote in message
>> 37EADB04.FF4B1345@ozemail.com.au">news:37EADB04.FF4B1345@ozemail.com.au...
>> > I just had a phone call from work, and was told that 3168 freight is
>> diverted
>> > via the Illawarra and *might* have one or more Silverton Jumbos on the
>> front.  I

3168 442s3 leading departed Moss Vale 0915 18 for 1016 ton for about 400
meters

Thru Unanderra about 1110

 Came to a stand Wombarra Wheel Slip No Sand

Struggled to Scarborough about 0 to 5 Kph

Then run over Single Line into Coal Cliff Yard

It is believed the cause was then found to be no power in the Sand/Air
Magnet Valves

LVR 4701 an16 sent ex Syd dep Meelks Rd 1820 AFTER WAIT 30" CURFEW EVEN
THOUGH A LARGE NUMBER OF CITYRAIL SERVICES WERE NOT RUNNING AND PLENTY OF
PATHS EXISTED AS A RESUILT

arrive Coal Cliff after 2000.

3168 dep Coal Cliff 2120, 4701 4716 442s3 18 bogies 1016 ton say 420 meters

Then to Sydney and Cooks River. However that is another story.

There was also another combined LVR/Austrac working Friday night
when both companies PM Trips Trains to Botany combined for the Botany to
Cooks River Leg after an afternoons
biff and barge at Botany