Re: More uncompleted railways

On Thu, 23 Sep 1999 23:39:04 +1000,
billboltonREMOVE-TO-EMAIL@computer.org (Bill Bolton) wrote:

>Eddie Oliver <eoliver@efs.mq.edu.au> wrote:
>
>> Looks like Laura, the terminus of the line from Cooktown (north
>> Queensland). It was going further west. It didn't.
>
>Yes, that definitely the (former) bridge at Laura!

Yes, that was too easy, now some acknowledgements.
The photo came from "The Cooktown Railway" by J W Knowles and published
by the AHRS Qld Division 1966.

I believe that there is a second edition out and available. It is really
a great book, and for me as a former passenger on the line, a great
momento.

The railmotors were given nicknames, I am pretty sure of the last ones
was "Marilyn Munroe", I guess beauty is in the eye of the beholder.

Owen