Re: Victorian election

>Seriously, there was no publicity over here about the Vic state
>election, probably because our media is maxing out on East Timor.
>
>So who won the elections? What are the seat counts for each party? And
>how does it affect my trams? Especially the extention of the Mont Albert
>line to my old home town, Box Hill?

Try www.theage.com.au they have the election stories. At present, no-one has
won or lost in terms of party politics, the coalition has 42 seats and the
ALP 41, with 2 independents, 3 undecided and Frankston East in doubt after
the ex-Liberal independent Peter McLellan died the night before the election
and the votes for his electorate were declared invalid. The date is to be
announced today for the by-election which may decide who gets to rule
Victoria depending on how the undecided seats go.

As for the tram extension, the contract for Yarra Trams states they have to
build the extension and the ALP has declared they will honour the contracts
and put some money up for further extensions although not to the tram
system.