Re: Air Conditioning

>Railway Rasputin wrote:
>> Thw crew a/c from those K sets could then go to S sets. If they they
>> were really keen they could get the heaters from those K sets and put
>> them in the S sets....... no too much keen, forget it.
David Johnson wrote
>With the extra load, the S set supply sets may not be able to handle it.

But will any of the “K” set heating (or crew air conditioning) fit in “S”
set cars?
I understood that the reason the “K” sets have the pantographs on the
trailers is to release some roof space for air conditioning equipment.  I
thought that the roof space above the crew cabin in “S” set control cars was
full of switchgear.
Maybe the heating can be fitted to 90 “S” set trailers and the 10 surviving
“D” cars can have crew air conditioning?

Rgds

Bill :-{)