Re: Footy Trams and Trains (was Re: Photos X47, 8124, progress at Appleton Dock)

In article <937634139.415928@diddley.primus.com.au>,
  "the kinnears" <ellen316@primus.com.au> wrote:
> it is infact princess park (and will always be that to me none of that
optus
> oval bullshite)

Well, it is indeed still Princes Park.  The park that is.  I was
under the impression that the football oval (shown in the Melways as
the Carlton Cricket Ground, and one of a number in Princes Park) is
officially known as the "Carlton Recreation Reserve".  Unfortunately
common usage has decreed that the oval be known by the name of the park
it resides in.  Something like the MCG being known as Yarra Park for the
park in which it is located.

It is that ground which is now known as Optus Oval, and not the park
itself.  So, you can still have your Princes Park.

<01bf00e3$9290c2c0$6a2d11cb@rodsmith>...
> >I suspect Princes' (named after two princes?).

JD
--
John Dennis
Home of the Dutton Bay Tramway