Re: Driver Qualifications.

On Thu, 16 Sep 1999 10:50:06 +1000, Railway Rasputin
<bob@fastlink.com.au> wrote:

>gonoNOCRAP@bigpond.com wrote:
>>

>> >Dave Malcolm
>> No Dave i was in Dimboola the other day lubricating with a PTC crew
>> and a ASR crew and the ASR driver was telling me he was qualified in
>> the road from Kalgoorlie to melbourne methinks this would be some sort
>> of a record though!!
>> regards Paul Johnston (mnrc)
>
>You will prpbably find that ARTC has a trainer qualified in the safe
>working and  has the necessary track diagrams. They will then go into
>the field with the new driver and teach them.
>
>rgds
To my knowledge ARTC has no trainers it is up to your company to keep
you conversant with the road
when the new SG was laid from Newport to nth geelong no one was
trained in the road as we helped build the track.
but on the other hand when i was at the suburban we had to walk the
underground loop on a sunday!
regards Paul Johnston (mnrc)