Re: Puffing Billy Railway Centenary in 2000

Craig Potter <mikado@omni.com.au> wrote in message
37db2e1d@news.rivernet.com.au">news:37db2e1d@news.rivernet.com.au...
> Just a quick note to let the group know that Puffing Billy is celebrating
> its Centenary on 18 December 2000, and that a big year is being planned
with
> special events leading into December 2000.  The PBR web site
> (http://www.pbr.org.au) will keep you up to date starting later in the
year.

> We also have a centenary Year 2000 calendar for sale (cheap plug :)) )  -
> have a look at http://www.pbr.org.au/sales/centenary_calendar.htm for
more,
> if you're interested.  I've got one, great photos!

So Puffing Billy began in the last few weeks of the 19th Century, and the
last few weeks of the Colony of Victoria as an independent nation. It will
be 100 years old entering the new Millennium in 2001, a great cause for
celebration!

Cheers
John Wayman