Strange sightings Redfern - Sydenham NSW 14/9/99

*    Empty 6-car "V" set ran through Platform 10 (Down Illawarra) at Redfern
at 12:45 pm today (14th Sept.) and headed towards Sydenham (NSW).  I *guess*
it came from Circular Quay, but I can't imagine why.

*    44 class (sorry, couldn't see which one) hauling a yellow breakdown
crane crossed from the up IL to the up I at Sydenham (NSW) at 12:55 pm.  I
can't imagine what this was about.

*    Arrived at Kogarah at 1:5 pm.  Neat computer-printed signs on the
indicators "Due to overhead wiring problems at Kingscross all trains
terminate at Martin Place.  Buses Martin Place to Bondi Junction.  Cityrail
regrets any inconvenience."

Is there any connection between these oddities?

Rgds

Bill