Re: 3801 and 4401...

Darren Yates wrote in message <37dc8e2e.0@occy.pnc.com.au>...
>Pardon me if this has already been debated/answered/whatevered but can
>anyone tell me, have these two been sugically attached to each other???
>
>It appears that very little steam from 3801 Ltd happens without 4401
>attached somewhere on the train.
>
>Is this the modus operandi from now on?
>Darren.

3801  ran from Sydney to Newcastle and return yesterday with six cars
without the assistance of 4401. Diesel assistance is only provided when the
patronage necessitates extra cars beyond the power of the 38 on its own. In
these cases the 44 is at the BACK of the train, far from being surgically
attatched to the steamer.

Next weekend the steam and diesel will <top and tail> again for the trip to
Moss Vale.

There is now some debate within the ranks of 3801 Limited whether this
practice will continue in 2000 due to concern about air filters.

Hope this clears up the distorted inference that the steam and diesel are
marshalled together.

Geoff Lillico
Tours & Marketing
3801 Limited