Re: Strategic Reserve.

Janos Ero wrote:

> David S wrote:

> > (Or all those Russian ICBMs that are most likely NOT Y2K compliant.)

> In case of an emergency, the Russian ICBMs and nuclear power plants
> CAN be controlled manually!

	Indeed.
	I Seem to Recall that Chernobyl was under manual control....

	(There is, in fact, a requirement for US Nuke powerplants that
	the computer(s) cannot be 'in the control loop'.  Manual
	control is required.  ('puters can be and are used for
	'anciilary' functionas: data logging/analysis/'puter
	_aided_ operation/ whatever.  Da Problem is that many of the
	'manual' controls have sundry 'embedded' 'puters.  Whether all
	those are well and happy is what will make things interesting...

	best
	dave p