Re: Tilting-train technology

Tilting trains allow higher speeds from passenger-comfort considerations;
they do not affect rail forces or safety.  There is a big margin between
speeds which are uncomfortable for passengers, and speeds which are likely
to lead to a train capsizing.

For well-laid track, any train should be able to run at 6 degrees of cant
deficiency (British standard); this equates to 1 m/s/s lateral
acceleration, which is the same figure as is the normal limit for passenger
comfort (for standees) for longitudinal acceleration.

--
Regards
Roderick Smith

Blair Alldis <archetype@trump.net.au>
 I am seeking some technical information (quantitative if possible)