Re: 8 car C set

On 30 Oct 1999 08:50:29 +1000, "Jonathan Boles"
<mousewithglasses@hotmail.com> wrote:

>>   You will probably find that any 6 car "s" sets are really made up of
>
>an L set is two cars, in C3xxx and D4xxx terms it is D-C.
>a 4 car S set would be C-T-T-C.
>the six car S sets are C-T-C-T-T-C, NOT C-D-C-T-T-C.
>so it can't be an L and S set together.

  I must of mis worded myself, what I was meaning that if this person
seen what he throught was a 6 car 'S' set then he proably didn't see
an L on the back. On the Illawarra it was not uncommon. Again on the
Illawarra all trains arranged like you state above CTCTTC are R set's.
All 'S' sets were four cars (it is 18 months since I left Sydney).

  That being said I am happy to belive that things may have been
different and that true 6 car 'S' sets live out of Hornsby!
 Ashley Wright, Canberra, Australia  ajwright@nospam.ozemail.com.au
 www:  http://www.ozemail.com.au/~ajwright   Do not reply to my email. Delete word 'Spam'.