Speeded up services

I am doing some research on accelerated inter-urban rail services in
Australia and would be very grateful if anyone could give me details of
recent developments.  I would like to know details (operator of the
service, example journey times before and after etc.) of any passenger
services that have been speeded up in the past ten years or so.  If
anyone has any information on the increased patronage that resulted from
these improvements that would also be very nice.  I am particularly
interested in journeys of around the 2-4 hour mark.

Thanks,

Lawrence Harrell

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.