Re: Broad Gauge in SA

You could say that Mt. Barker Junction to Victor Harbor is still BG part
of the SE lines, although it is not part of the ARTC/ASR network.
Pinnaroo was converted to SG mid '98, Loxton converted mid '96 if my
memory is correct.
Mt. Gambier should be converted to SG, but only will if Canberra funds it,
but with the E.Timor bills starting to roll in the chances are very slim
in our lifetime.
There is still a lot of SE freight that long-term will revert to rail
eventually when the economics make it cheaper than road.
Bill