Re: Tram collision on Princes Bridge

: Being a HUGE pedant - there are currently TWO Batman Avenues -

: The old one being the one that runs along the north bank of the Yarra and
: junctions St Kilda Rd, the new one being the one which crosses the new bridge
: over the railway and junctions with Flinders St and Exhibition St.  The new one
: is open only to tram traffic - not yet to road traffic.  So, your location is
: ambiguous - but I know what you meant.

The new one over the railway lines won't be named until it is opened to
cars soon.  The old one is now closed and being removed as we speak.

So the only section of Batman ave is between the Tennis Center and Punt
Road (along the river, not Swan Street).

: John Duncan McCallum wrote:
: >
: > Today, at about lunch time, Z1 67 collided heavily with Z1 17 at the
: > Batman
: > Avenue traffic lights.
: > 67 was severely damaged with the bumper being pushed about 500mm back
: > and
: > the drivers floor noticeably bent upwards. 17 appeared to escape damage.
: > A couple of passengers were injured suffiently to require transport to
: > hospital.
: >
: > John McCallum

--