Re: QR RM1901

John Boxall <box@ozemail.com.au> wrote in message
6NeQ3.8058$P3.9222@ozemail.com.au">news:6NeQ3.8058$P3.9222@ozemail.com.au...
> Wandering around Bowen Hills with my camera this afternoon railmotor 1901
> screamed around the ekka loop from platform 4 to the depot. Apart from the
> odd rail tour, does anyone know when this unit gets out for a run ??

1901 *used*  (i'm talking about 3 or 4 years ago) to be used for
departmental runs
between Redbank shops and Mayne... What the purpose of those runs were, or
whether it still gets used for this, I don't know.

Once on a tour with 1901 (to Nambour, and then to Dunethin? Rock on a cane
tram)
we gave a member of the public a bit of a fright on one of the wooden
bridges north
of Caboolture.  Whoever it was obviously wasn't expecting a non-scheduled
railmotor
to suddenly appear.   There was enough time for the railmotor to slow to let
them get
out of the way, but I wonder if they ever tried that stunt again.......

--
John McCandless
Never play leapfrog with a unicorn...