Re: GNRS T's to Adelaide

On Tue, 19 Oct 1999, Simon King wrote:

> Two of GNRS's former V/Line T class locomotives, 373 and 381 were  seen
> through Dimboola this morning (Tue.19.10.99) behind CLP8 on a Patricks train
> heading for Adelaide.
>
> Does anyone know why they were going to Adelaide, and/or when they might be
> coming back?

It seem no one has enlightened Aus.Rail as to what's happened/ing with
these units.  (Or am I missing posts?)

The two T's went to Adelaide to replace failed CLP13.  They were detached
at Tailem Bend, as their fuel tanks aren't big enough to get all the way
to Adelaide.  They continued their journey at a later date.

If my source is correct, they are returning to Melbourne as I type, on
6AM3:  CLP8-CLF7-703-GM34-GNR27-2xGNR T's.  (sched. arr. App. Dock 12:10pm
Sat.)  703 and GM34 should be detached at Tailem Bend.

Gareth.

 Gareth Lumsden     s9763278@minyos.its.rmit.edu.au    glums112@yahoo.com
 Gareth's Railway Web Page        http://minyos.its.rmit.edu.au/~s9763278