Re: NSW 4400 Class Engines

There was no need to get snobbish and defensive about my question.  I
simply asked why it was so common to see them leading with the number 2
end.  As far as crew concerns (noise, fumes, visibility, drafts, etc.),
I am very aware of all of this, as I "drove" trains for 21 years running
about every kind of American diesel from old Alco & FM switchers thru
everything EMD or GE offered and the B&O bought, and also that trains
are not run to suit and please the fans or gunzels.  However, the
excursions ARE run for the gunzels!