Re: (Melb) FVRTL Maribyrnong Siding

Hi,

Captain Warwick J. Somerville said on 19-Oct-1999 in
<380C0FE5.1F2162AA@labyrinth.net.au>:

>How many are their now or is this
>V/Line RTL 1 repainted.

As far as I know, there is only one RTL. RTL 1, as far as I know was
painted about the same time as X47, and was part of the photo run to the
north of the state a couple of months ago.

>What is a NGGF wagon used for.
>(Bunbury Railbridge)

NGGF is possibly an NSW grain hopper. I am not sure how the NSW lettering
system works, hence have no idea what the first G is. In Victoria it would
be VHGF in this case.

As far as I know Great Northern have some sort of grain terminal in their
yard at North Melbourne. I am unsure as to what happens to the grain from
that point onwards though.

Any comments appreciated.

Regards
Michael.