Re: Sydney Trip

Christopher_Martin GORDON <cmgord@ecr.mu.oz.au> wrote in message
7udvm2$3dv$2@mulga.cs.mu.OZ.AU">news:7udvm2$3dv$2@mulga.cs.mu.OZ.AU...
> If one was planning a trip to Sydney (and nearby areas) for a couple of
> days what should one go and see?  (Since they haven't been there for about
> 4 years).  Apart from the new things like the light rail, and Homebush
train.
> What else is new to see?  and what is good places to go see?
>
> Also do they still run the suburban trains in Newcastle? if so how long
> before the stop running?
>
> Regards,
>
> --
>
> Chris Gordon
> http://www.ecr.mu.oz.au/~cmgord

There is a lot to see in the Wollongong-Port Kembla area.
DLs on the Dunmore quarry train leaves Port Kembla North 08:04 most
weekdays, seems to run every Monday.
2 car L sets on the Port Kembla-Thirroul shuttles on weekdays.
BHP English Electric locos (and those 3 Alco things), Cringila footbridge is
best to see these. Coal trains going to the coal loader, Coniston or further
north to see these, yesterday I saw two coalies with triple 81s and one with
quad 81s.
Wheat trains usually come to the grain terminal via Moss Vale and Unanderra.
Tahmoor coalies run via Moss Vale as well (The Unanderra-Moss Vale line is
closed till 22/10/99 for resleepering work).
--
Regards,
Chris Stratton