Re: Public transport making money (Was: Re: Metcard Xpress and Plastic Tickets (was: Metcard Machines and Tickets))

Actually, there are change machines at some stations (Salisbury has one for
sure). They are slowly being introduced all over the place.

Unfortunately for ticket sellers, there was only one of them, and they carry
cash on them, so they can be targets for gangs. I don't know if this has
ever happened, but the idea is to get the cash off the train and somewhere
safe where no one would get injured for it.