Re: Gauntlet tracks

On Fri, 15 Oct 1999 22:45:41 +1000, "WhaleOilBeefHooked"
<daproc@spambait.umpires.com> wrote:

>Darren H. <locob67@hotmail.com> wrote in message 380729b7@nap-ns1">news:380729b7@nap-ns1...
>> Okay! Something for those with nothing better to do (not that such people
>> ever look at Aus.rail, Ahem!).
>> Can anyone give me a list of all locations of Gauntlet tracks in
>Australia?
>> Past and present. Temporary and 'permanent'. Single and multi gauge too.
>> There shouldn't be TOO many, but probably more than I think.
>
>The Georges River bridge (old one) was gauntlet track. There is also the
>short stretch of dual-gauge gauntlet track on the approaches to Spencer St.

During construction of the Melbourne City Link tunnels, etc, the tram
line along Sturt Street, South Melbourne, used gauntlet track for a
period.

JD
John Dennis                         jdennis@acslink.net.au
Melbourne                                  denjo02@cai.com
Australia                   Home of the Dutton Bay Tramway
DBT URL:       http://www.acslink.net.au/~jdennis/dbt.html