Re: QR going national?

David Johnson <trainman@ozemail.com.au> wrote:

> I have no idea.  I just pointed out that you had made a statement without facts.

Fair enough, that is my fault, however I knew from
being around a long time that QR did not get into the
position it is today because of some of the reasons
advanced by posters to this group.

>From 1963 through to 1973, QR actually made a small
"profit" until 1974, then the losses began, eg 1977/78
they lost $52 million.

But, something happened to turn that all around, Bowen
Basin springs to mind.

QR is where it is today because Queensland has some 25%
or more of the Worlds best steaming coal and they haul
it at a price, nothing wrong with that, I think it is
great that QR can make some money out of this.
Australia is a mine to the rest of the World and we do
not get near enough for our minerals.

That's why QR are in excellent shape and I suspect you
know that.

----Terry Burton
Alice Springs NT
<< remove OZ for Email reply.>>