Heidelberg and Victoria Park works (Melb)

I went out to Heidelberg today, and had a look at what has been done so
far.  The siding has been removed, all but the points are left.  The
facing crossover at the up end is spiked.  What is left now is what the
layout will be.  (ie all the flexibility has already gone)

The really isn't that much work to be done.

I am told that all the signalling will be put in and there will be one
shutdown weekend where the points at the down end to the siding, points
at the up end to the siding and the facing crossover (under bridge) will
be removed.  There will be other work done like welding tracks but they
are all little tasks.

It looks like the relay room will be built at the up end of the platform
in the large space between the up and down lines.  (Just off the platform)

I also had a quick look at the siding at Victoria Park and it is now
fenced (all around expect a small section on the east side of the bridge

I also had a quick look at the siding at Victoria Park and it is now
fenced (all around expect a small section on the east side of the bridge
above the freeway.  The gate are not motorised yet, but once they are
then the siding might be back in use.  I wonder if they will start
overnight stabling of trains, to save bring empty car trains from
Epping in the morning.  (Might be too hard with the drivers)

--

Chris Gordon
http://www.ecr.mu.oz.au/~cmgord

e-mail: cmgord@ecr.mu.oz.au