Re: Alice Springs to Darwin line, but wait, there is more.!

Lineman (sproul@dcsi.NOSPAMnet.au) wrote:
> Has any one raised the point in this thread that enemy action can easily put
> a railway line out of action,over and over again for as long as the enemy
> has missiles,just ask Slobadan.

Indonesia doesn't have anything like that. They'd have to drop things from
their Falcons or SKyhawks, and I think the F/A-18s at Tindal wouldn't let
them get anywhere near the coast.

Anyway, it has been stated in another thread that Darwin would have to be
reinforced from Townsville. A railway in this situation would be of little
value.

Now, exporting Coober Pedy coal and iron ore is another matter....

Cheers
David