Re: Three Position Signalling

> It is very possible that the Auto next in advance must be displaying at least
> Top Yellow for any train to depart Somerton Loop on the Down.  This is so a
> train does't have to run under a Caution Aspect through a section.  Most if not
> all sections on the NE SG have a sequence:
>
> Home(R/G) --(long)--> Auto(R/Y/G) --(short)--> Home.
>
> Longer sections can have intermediate Autos:
>
> Home(R/G) --(long)--> Auto(R/Y/G) --(short)--> Auto(R/G) --(long)-->
> Auto(R/Y/G) --(short)--> Home.
>
> A Signal applying into a long section can only display Stop or Top Green, and a
> Auto applying into a short section displays R/Y/G over R.  So, the autos
> applying to a short section, i.e. displaying R/Y/G over R, are pseudo-distants,
> in a NSW CTC scheme they would be Distants.  It also means, that Drivers don't
> approach the 3 aspect autos at Stop except when there is a Fault.
>
> There are, of course exceptions to this arrangement, especially around Grade
> Crossings, (existing and removed), and I'm sure Rod would be the first to point
> this out. |-)

I also know that on the S/G, the arrival signals on the loops (no's x/2 and x/8)
can not show top yellow.

If it is necessary to enter the loop on No 1 road with the departure signal at
Stop, you will get R/R/Y (same as if you were going into No 2 road in the loop. Has
it always been like this?

--
Thanks,

Tony Gatt.