Re: Lines never opened

Michael <mk@netstra.com.au> wrote in message
news:8E526D869telstraNews@vic.news.telstra.net...
> Hi,
>
> I have been considering for a while, a bike ride along the formation of
> both the Rosstown Railway, and the outer circle, does much of it still
> exist, so far as being able to ride down it, and not having to divert via
> ugly residential/other areas?
>
> Regards
> Michael

Try having a look at a book called "Railtrails of Victoria" (F. Colquhoun,
A. McCooke, D. McCrohan [Railtrails Australia], $19.95 rrp).  It contains 25
railtrails along former railway lines, and includes the inner circle, outer
circle, Fitzroy, Kew, Rosstown lines within the metro area.  It also
contains other outer metro lines plus existing and proposed railtrails
elsewhere in the state.

It can be found at all good newsagents, bookstores, Puffing Billy Railway
(9754 6800), or at http://www.railtrails.org.au.

I have a copy, and it is an excellent book.  I have already travelled on
several of the trails already, and (with my car coming out of the shops this
week) will be travelling on more in the very near future.

Bryan