Rail + Safety Records

Up until fairly recently there was always good ground for the argument that travelling by rail was far far safer than by
air. Now also arguably some of the recent comings together of iron horses were of the freight variety...but that
aside...what s with all theses collisions??
Is it simply down to the fragmentation and privatisation of the the industry...folks going where they wouldn't have
before...so going into some relatively unfamiliar territory...having said  that, I do realise that the crews must be
trained for that line, and invariably are experienced on them from past employ, but maybe not all of the infrastructure
management is as cluey when working new areas??

Or is it all down to some mysterious aspect as a result of the alignment of planets!!
Funny they can align planets and they cant align points!!
But its not funny is it!!

I only have a lay appreciation of the machinations of this industry. Im only an interested looker-on.

I am interested in the views of those learned in the industry, indeed its workers. How do you all feel about this recent
fad of accident escalation!!

or am I dreaming?

cheers >:~)) Richard