Re: Head on in the Western district

On Victorian Train Order Territory the points would normally be operated by
a Master Key as is the (Normal situation) in ASW.

Each Master Key has a number, this number must be included in the body of
the Train Order message, ie: Master Key No 12. or with ASW: MK 15 would
appear in the message box of the Section Authority. However when you have a
botched up system like Ararat there seems to be no protection.

As far as I'm aware (and I'm sure someone will correct me), the UP Departure
Signals at Pyrenees are controlled by the ARTC Train Controller at Mile End
and have no detection for the track section ahead except for the detection
of the points at Pyrenees, this has been the situation since V/Line operated
them when the CTC section Pyrenees - Ararat was dis-established and the
signal that protected the offending points at Ararat was removed about 5
years ago (about gauge conversion time).

Bob.

mauried.483.3841E725@commslab.gov.au">news:mauried.483.3841E725@commslab.gov.au...