Peterbrough Station news Sat 27th nov 1999.

Good afternoon from Peterborough in the mid
north of South Australia, a sad day for rail fans
with the news of two freight trains colliding at Ballarat
 in Victoria , the consequences were felt here with the
Eastbound Ghan running 1hr late.at 14:10 CST.

Another first for me today as I watched the Eastbound
 BHP freight from Whyalla ordered onto the loop, where
she waited nearly 40 minutes for the Ghan which was
also Eastbound at 14:10, the passenger service sped
through making up time, whilst the freight was kept waiting
until 14:30 hrs.

The westbound BHP freight came thundering through at
speed  45 minutes after the eastbound had left .

I patiently await this evenings news to hear of any damage
done to the locos involved in the crash in Victoria.

Enjoy your trains

My Page : http://www.ozemail.com.au/~stationmaster
Photos: http://www.railpage.org.au/pix/Peterborough/
Email: stationmaster@ozemail.com.au