Re: [VIC] Hypotheticals of gauge change!!

In article <383D272D.976CA257@enternet.com.au> Chris Brownbill <cbrnbill@enternet.com.au> writes:
>From: Chris Brownbill <cbrnbill@enternet.com.au>
>Subject: Re: [VIC] Hypotheticals of gauge change!!
>Date: Thu, 25 Nov 1999 23:10:22 +1100

>Because of the increased risk of derailment caused by objects, particularly
>brake blocks, becoming wedged between the two rails which are only a few inches
>apart.

>Eddie Oliver wrote:
>>
>> Jennifer Richmond wrote:
>>

>> > The only problem with this is that the Broad Gauge on a Dual SG/BG line has a speed limit of
>> > 80(?).
>>
>> Why?
>>
>> Eddie Oliver

The problem with this argument is that it should then also apply to check
rails where we have another rail only a few inches away from the running rail.
Check rails are used on all points and on most bridges ,yet there is no 80
km/h speed limit present because of check rails.

MD