Re: Wheelchairs

On Wed, 24 Nov 1999 20:03:29 +1100, "Dave Proctor" <daproc@spambait.umpires.com> wrote:

>PETer and susAN <petan@NOSPAMion.com.au> wrote in message
>383ba3b8.473791@news.ion.com.au">news:383ba3b8.473791@news.ion.com.au...
>> Another question; what happens when the XPT has to be changed to buses in
>the midddle of the night
>> out in the country where there are not any wheel chair taxis.
>>
>> Jack, our NG XPT driver, might be able to help with the procedures here.
>
>They probably arrange for someone to carry the person onto the bus (a bit
>undignified, I know). In all my travels, I have rarely seen wheelchair
>passengers on Countrylink.
>
>--
>DaveProctor
>thadocta AT dingoblue.net.au

One from QLD is presently sueing Countrylink as they told him to either pay for a carer or travel
with someone else [according to the Courier Mail newspaper].  He won a medal at a paraolympic game.
According to the newspaper, he is taking legal action to force Countrylink to improve before the
paraolympic games in Sydney next year.

I am not expressing an opinion about the matter as we all could end up in wheelchairs due to the
dreaded car smashes or old age.

Cheers
Peter

Peter & Susan Cokley